A unique band of six gynecologic oncology surgeons from across the country, N.E.D. is taking healing and the arts to a new level. Created as a cover band to entertain their peers at a medical conference, they saw the potential to reach women in a powerful way – through music. What was started as a novelty meant to entertain, has turned into a powerful awareness movement to give a voice to women effected by gynecologic cancers.
N.E.D. or ‘No Evidence of Disease’, are the words every cancer patient wants to hear. The cornerstone of N.E.D.’s Mission is education and awareness. They have released two albums of original music, that have received critical acclaim. Their songs are designed to empower women, give them hope and to break the silence surrounding gynecologic cancers.
NED Concerts We’ve Supported
- September 2015 – OMSI, Portland Oregon – More details >
- March 2012 – Tiffany Center, Portland Oregon
- January 2011 – Aladdin Theater, Portland Oregon
- November 2009 – National Awareness Campaign, Washington DC
- October 2009 – Crystal Ballroom, Portland Oregon
NED in the News
- Living With Cancer: Dancing With N.E.D. – NY Times
- NED, A Vibrant Band Of Doctors Rocking For Women With Cancer – USA Today
- Ovarian Cancer Awareness: A Declining Disease Rate, And Looking Ahead to New Drugs – Forbes
- Today in New York – Today Show